VP Asset Manager – Atlanta, GA
EastGroup Properties is looking for an Asset Manager to oversee our industrial real estate portfolio in the Atlanta, Charlotte, and Greenville markets. This position will be based in our regional office in Atlanta, GA. The Asset Manager is responsible for all leasing, as well as executing property level strategies to enhance and protect asset value, meet investment objectives, and oversee assigned properties and/or portfolios. This position is a Vice President officer level position and requires travel for periodic asset management related property visits and select acquisition due diligence.
Summary of Job Duties
- Maximize total return for each asset through the analysis of property efficiencies and identifying opportunities for improved performance.
- Work closely with property managers, leasing agents, brokers, consultants and attorneys to provide direction for and oversight of business plans, budgets, forecasts, leases, analysis and approvals.
- Preparation of budgets, leasing plans, and capital expenditures programs for review by Senior Management.
- Actively participate in the negotiations on new leases and renewals.
- Conduct monthly property visits to each asset.
- Prepare necessary monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for Senior Management.
- Negotiate third party contracts and oversee implementation of capital improvement and ‘value-add’ programs within the portfolio.
- Perform valuations of each asset on a quarterly basis, working with Senior Managing Director, to develop and implement strategic business plans for each asset that will govern its daily operations, position in the market, and ultimate disposition.
- Manage the capital improvement strategies and processes, including oversight of the construction management activities.
- Evaluate the local markets to identify changes and trends and the related impact on real estate values and investment strategies.
- Manage the due diligence and activities related to the acquisition and disposition of any properties.
- Work with existing broker network to target potential acquisitions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, real estate, economics, or related field; advanced degree a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in commercial property management, leasing or development.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Solid understanding of financial terms and principles, with ability to conduct complex financial analysis.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills are required.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, ability to analyze and solve problems involving multiple factors in various situations.
- Strong inter-personal and customer service skills with the ability to maintain effective tenant relationships.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Proficient with all Microsoft applications and experience with property management software, preferably Yardi.