Assistant Property Manager – Phoenix, AZ
The regional Phoenix office for EastGroup Properties is seeking an Assistant Property Manager to aid in the management of an industrial real estate portfolio, including operational and financial activities.
Summary of Job Duties
- Provide full administrative support, including phone support, typing, reports, filing and distribution of correspondence.
- Work with property management team to establish positive relationships with all new, existing and prospective tenants by providing strong customer service and responding to inquiries and issues promptly.
- Maintain current and accurate tenant and vendor records and correspondence.
- Responds to tenant needs, ensuring that maintenance needs are addressed promptly.
- Ensure all vendors and services provided are in compliance with appropriate policies, procedures, and contractual obligations.
- Ensure regular property inspections; recommends and/or approves maintenance as necessary.
- Assist in lease administration activities, including completing legal documents, preparing lease abstracts, and submitting information to Property Accounting in a timely manner.
- Prepare and coordinate bid proposals and service contracts; supervisor vendor services when required.
- Acts as primary contact with Property Manager and Asset Manager to ensure that objectives are being met; also acts as a secondary contact for after hour emergency calls.
- Prepares monthly reports, explaining variances. This includes the review and approval of monthly rent rolls and preparing “Rent Up” reports.
- Ensure invoices are coded and processed in accounting with appropriate back-up and according to established procedures.
- Ensure that above standard tenant bill-backs for electrical usage, after hours HVAC, and Common Area Maintenance (CAM) are processed in a timely manner.
- Obtain aging report and follow up on all delinquencies.
- Assists with budget preparation by researching costs for supplies and services and obtaining bids as directed.
- Assist with preparations of monthly and quarterly management reports.
- Work with property management team to manage operating and capital expenses for portfolio to ensure budget guidelines are established and within company objectives.
- Ensure Certificates of Insurance for tenants and vendors are up to date, working with MyCOI to ensure compliance.
- Assist in performing Environmental Assessment site inspections.
- Coordinate tenant move ins and move outs, including changing locks and providing keys to tenants and vendors.
- Coordinate Tenant Retention Gift Program to include renewals, new leases or holidays.
- Ensure all property files are prepared and maintained in an orderly and logical manner, including leases and contracts.
- Assist in the management of day to day office activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience in a commercial or industrial real estate position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong understanding of financial terms and principles, with ability to conduct basic financial analysis.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills are required.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, ability to analyze and solve problems involving multiple factors in various situations.
- Strong inter-personal and customer service skills with the ability to maintain effective tenant relationships.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Proficient with all Microsoft applications and experience with property management software, preferably Yardi.