Property Manager – Charlotte, NC
EastGroup Properties is looking for a Property Manager in our regional office in Charlotte, NC. The Property Manager is responsible for the management of our industrial real estate portfolio in the Charlotte area. Job responsibilities include:
- Establish a positive relationship with new and prospective tenants by providing strong customer service and responding to inquiries/open issues promptly.
- Conduct quarterly tenant visits (at a minimum) to proactively cultivate tenant relations.
- Administer and facilitate annual tenant surveys, and review survey results to implement changes (or provide explanations as appropriate) to address any issues and maintain a positive relationship with each tenant.
Accounting & Reporting
- Generate annual budgets and quarterly projections for expenses and capital for the portfolio. Oversight of operating expense estimates and reconciliations. Assistance with annual reconciliations and collections.
- Manage operating and capital expenses for the portfolio to ensure budget guidelines are established and adhered to based on the company’s objectives.
- Perform and/or oversee monthly management report preparation, including variance reports, construction management fees, general ledger detail review, accounts receivable, etc. Write, summarize, and present data in a clear and concise management report.
- Manage and approve invoice and purchase order workflow in PayScan.
- Ensure all available spaces are marketable and ready for leasing tours.
- Assist Vice President with lease renewals and new leases as required.
- Manage interaction with architects to produce space plans and construction documents.
- Assist with developing tenant improvement scopes of work and obtaining budget pricing.
- Provide legal counsel with required lease documentation for drafting lease documents.
- Track leasing encumbrances and providing required tenant notifications.
Vendor Selection, Project Management and Contract Administration
- Conduct competitive and ethical bidding procedures for building services, capital improvements and interior construction to ensure quality and competitive pricing.
- Create service and construction contracts with vendors and keep on-going contracts up to date.
- Oversee scheduling and completion of contract work.
- Review construction documents and proposed work descriptions for accuracy and value creation.
- Ensure compliance with local and national governmental laws and regulations.
- Develop beneficial relationships with service partners.
- Conduct regular site meetings in the field to inspect work and review options to resolve open issues effectively.
- Conduct inspections prior to approval of invoices and pay applications.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously through effective time management and organizational skills.
Acquisitions, Development and Special Projects
- Assist with the due diligence process for potential acquisition of land and/or building(s).
- Track due diligence items and coordinate transfer of information with Seller.
- Coordinate and conduct tenant surveys at acquisition sites.
- Perform building inspections and report any concerns to acquisition team.
- Review financial data, property taxes, current insurance, tenant estoppels and any other pertinent data.
- Coordinate new or transfer of utility services at acquired or newly developed properties.
- Obtain competitive bids for installation or recurring services as required.
- Assist development or acquisition team with coordination of access, new services, building inspections or any other project as assigned.
- Provide leadership, supervision and team support for the property management and administrative staff.
- Prepare and deliver annual performance evaluation for direct reports.
- Provide oversight and manage day to day office activities.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, real estate, economics, or related field or at least 5 years of experience working in a commercial or industrial real estate position.
- 5+ years’ experience (additional 5 years if no degree) in commercial property management, leasing and construction.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Solid understanding of financial terms and principles, with ability to conduct basic financial analysis.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills are required.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, ability to analyze and solve problems involving multiple factors in various situations.
- Strong inter-personal and customer service skills with the ability to maintain effective tenant relationships.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Proficient with all Microsoft applications and experience with property management software, preferably Yardi.