Property Manager – Orlando, FL
EastGroup Properties is looking for an experienced Property Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of our industrial real estate properties. The successful candidate will have responsibility over the following areas: tenant relations, property inspections, budgeting, financial reporting, service contract administration, establishing and interpreting operational policies, and ensuring compliance with company policy and objectives.
Summary of Job Duties
- Establish a positive relationship with new and prospective tenants by providing strong customer service.
- Conduct quarterly tenant visits and facilitate annual tenant surveys, reviewing survey results to implement changes (or provide explanations as appropriate) to address any issues and maintain a positive relationship with each tenant.
- Maintain master tenant contact list for contact names, phone numbers, emails and emergency contact listings.
- Coordinate tenant appreciation events.
- Visit properties on regular basis and perform monthly detailed inspections, writing up concerns/deficiencies and coordinating corrective action with appropriate vendors.
- Assist Asset Manager as needed, keeping them advised as to the general status of the properties, tenants and required action items.
- Maintain building record keeping (fire alarm/sprinkler inspection reports, backflow inspections, etc.) and other administrative duties.
- Respond to tenant service requests in timely manner, verifying maintenance or repair request responsibilities per Lease document and communicating next steps with tenant and/or dispatching vendors. Follow up with tenants at conclusion of required work.
- Provide team support for the property management and administrative staff.
- Provide oversight and manage day to day office activities.
Vendor Selection, Project Management and Contract Administration
- Conduct competitive and ethical bidding procedures for building services (cleaning, sweeping, landscaping, roof, fire sprinklers, alarms, etc.) to ensure quality and competitive pricing.
- Set up new vendors and service contracts including W9 and insurance compliance throughout term of each service contract.
- Oversee scheduling and completion of contract work.
- Assist Construction Manager on an as-needed basis.
- Ensure compliance with local and national governmental laws and regulations.
- Develop beneficial relationships with service partners.
- Conduct regular site meetings in the field to inspect work and review options to resolve open issues effectively.
Accounting & Reporting
- Assist Asset Manager with annual budgets and quarterly reprojections for expenses and capital for the portfolio. Oversight of operating expense estimates and reconciliations. Assistance with annual reconciliations and collections.
- Perform and/or oversee monthly management report preparation, including variance reports, construction management fees, general ledger detail review, accounts receivable, etc.
- Manage and approve invoice and purchase order workflow in PayScan in a timely manner.
- Review aged delinquency reports and rent collections on monthly basis to determine applicable late fees and/or default notices to be sent to tenants
- Monthly review of Rent Rolls with leasing staff for lease renewals/new leases/vacancy status.
- Coordinate tenant move-ins or move-outs and document conditions for lease files and close-outs.
- Ensure all available spaces are marketable, clean and ready for leasing tours.
- Assist Asset Manager with lease renewals and new leases as required.
- Generate Lease Abstracts and coordinate internal Lease signature process.
Acquisitions, Development and Special Projects
- Assist with the due diligence process for potential acquisition of land and/or building(s).
- Assist Asset Manager with tracking due diligence items and coordinating transfer of information with Seller.
- Assist Asset Manager with building inspections and report any concerns to acquisition team.
- Review financial data, property taxes, current insurance, tenant estoppels and any other pertinent data.
- Obtain competitive bids for installation or recurring services as required.
- Assist development or acquisition team with coordination of access, utilities, new services, building inspections or any other project as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, real estate, economics, or related field or at least 5 years of experience working in a commercial or industrial real estate position.
- Preferred 5+ years’ experience in commercial/industrial property management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Solid understanding of financial terms and principles, with ability to conduct basic financial analysis.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills are required.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, ability to analyze and solve problems involving multiple factors in various situations.
- Strong inter-personal and customer service skills with the ability to maintain effective tenant relationships.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Proficient with all Microsoft applications and experience with property management software, preferably Yardi.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously through effective time management and organizational skills.
EastGroup Properties recognizes the value of benefits to employees and their families. The Company aims to support our employees and their families by offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits program. For all full-time employees, EastGroup covers the cost of employee only medical insurance at 100% of the cost. Dependents can be added at the employee’s expense. Additionally, EastGroup provides group term life insurance, short term and long term disability coverage for employees at no cost. Dental, vision, FSA and other supplemental insurance options are also available to employees.
EastGroup also recognizes the importance of saving for retirement and offers a 401(k) retirement savings plan with an employer match of 50% up to 10% of compensation. The company also provides a discretionary 401(k) bonus in addition to the employer match.
Other employee benefits include paid time off, athletic club reimbursements, cell phone reimbursement, community service opportunities, and flexible work schedules.