Property Manager – Tampa, FL
EastGroup Properties is looking for an experienced Property Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of our industrial real estate properties in the Tampa area. The successful candidate will have responsibility over the following areas: tenant relations, property inspections, budgeting, financial reporting, service contract administration, establishing and interpreting operational policies, and ensuring compliance with company policy and objectives.
Summary of Job Duties
- Establish a positive relationship with new and prospective tenants by providing strong customer service.
- Conduct quarterly tenant visits and facilitate annual tenant surveys, reviewing survey results to implement changes (or provide explanations as appropriate) to address any issues and maintain a positive relationship with each tenant.
- Maintain master tenant contact list for contact names, phone numbers, emails and emergency contact listings.
- Coordinate tenant appreciation events.
- Visit properties on regular basis and perform monthly detailed inspections, writing up concerns/deficiencies and coordinating corrective action with appropriate vendors.
- Assist Asset Manager as needed, keeping them advised as to the general status of the properties, tenants and required action items.
- Maintain building record keeping (fire alarm/sprinkler inspection reports, backflow inspections, etc.) and other administrative duties.
- Respond to tenant service requests in timely manner, verifying maintenance or repair request responsibilities per Lease document and communicating next steps with tenant and/or dispatching vendors. Follow up with tenants at conclusion of required work.
- Provide team support for the property management and administrative staff.
- Provide oversight and manage day to day office activities.
Vendor Selection, Project Management and Contract Administration
- Conduct competitive and ethical bidding procedures for building services (cleaning, sweeping, landscaping, roof, fire sprinklers, alarms, etc.) to ensure quality and competitive pricing.
- Set up new vendors and service contracts including W9 and insurance compliance throughout term of each service contract.
- Oversee scheduling and completion of contract work.
- Assist Construction Manager on an as-needed basis.
- Ensure compliance with local and national governmental laws and regulations.
- Develop beneficial relationships with service partners.
- Conduct regular site meetings in the field to inspect work and review options to resolve open issues effectively.
Accounting & Reporting
- Assist Asset Manager with annual budgets and quarterly reprojections for expenses and capital for the portfolio. Oversight of operating expense estimates and reconciliations. Assistance with annual reconciliations and collections.
- Perform and/or oversee monthly management report preparation, including variance reports, construction management fees, general ledger detail review, accounts receivable, etc.
- Manage and approve invoice and purchase order workflow in PayScan in a timely manner.
- Review aged delinquency reports and rent collections on monthly basis to determine applicable late fees and/or default notices to be sent to tenants
- Monthly review of Rent Rolls with leasing staff for lease renewals/new leases/vacancy status.
- Coordinate tenant move-ins or move-outs and document conditions for lease files and close-outs.
- Ensure all available spaces are marketable, clean and ready for leasing tours.
- Assist Asset Manager with lease renewals and new leases as required.
- Generate Lease Abstracts and coordinate internal Lease signature process.
Acquisitions, Development and Special Projects
- Assist with the due diligence process for potential acquisition of land and/or building(s).
- Assist Asset Manager with tracking due diligence items and coordinating transfer of information with Seller.
- Assist Asset Manager with building inspections and report any concerns to acquisition team.
- Review financial data, property taxes, current insurance, tenant estoppels and any other pertinent data.
- Obtain competitive bids for installation or recurring services as required.
- Assist development or acquisition team with coordination of access, utilities, new services, building inspections or any other project as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, real estate, economics, or related field or at least 5 years of experience working in a commercial or industrial real estate position.
- Preferred 5+ years’ experience in commercial/industrial property management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Solid understanding of financial terms and principles, with ability to conduct basic financial analysis.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills are required.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, ability to analyze and solve problems involving multiple factors in various situations.
- Strong inter-personal and customer service skills with the ability to maintain effective tenant relationships.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Proficient with all Microsoft applications and experience with property management software, preferably Yardi.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously through effective time management and organizational skills.